Sept 10 update: More jackets have been ordered from the UK! Let us know if you'd like to be notified when all colors are back in stock!
This is a lightweight jacket-style harness that’s made specifically for cats. While no harness is 100% escape proof, the Mynwood Cat Jacket is very secure and one of the safest cat harnesses on the market. It’s our new personal favorite!
About this harness:
- This is ideal for cats who don’t want anything to go over their head.
- Long strips of strong velcro on neck and body straps allow for adjustability
- Handmade in the UK
- Reversible with black cotton underneath
- Just use a lint roller to remove cat hair on jacket and velcro
- Fun to purrsonalize with patches!
SIZING: For the most accurate sizing, please measure your cat using a soft tape measure. Chest is measured around the body, right behind the front legs. It’s important that the fit is snug, but not tight.
- Kitten/petite size: Recommended for kittens at least ~3-4 months of age and also for petite adults. Suitable up to 12" chest.
- Adult size: Fits majority of cats! In our house, it fits our 8 pound Riley as well as our 14 pound Lennon. Fits chest size 12” up to 20”. These are longer in the body compared to the kitten size.
Material: Made of 100% cotton that’s triple sewn for strength. Steel D-ring with reinforced stitching allows for easy leash attachment.
TIP: We recommend initially opening the harness away from your cat, so she doesn’t hear the Velcro first thing. Then gently drape the harness over your cat and secure the neck and chest straps. It can take time for some cats to get used to the Velcro sound, but most cats don’t mind it. The narrower strips on this jacket are not as loud as some other brands.
NOTE: No harness is ever 100% escape proof! While most cats do very well with the Mynwood Jacket, an occasional cat can get out of it. ALWAYS keep an eye on your cat and NEVER leave her unattended!